BlaBlaCar at a Glance
BlaBlaCar is a trusted community marketplace that connects drivers with empty seats to passengers looking for a ride. Over 2 million people use BlaBlaCar every month creating an entirely new, people powered, transport network. With a dedicated customer service, a state of the art web and mobile platform, and a fast-growing community of users, BlaBlaCar is making travel social, money-saving and more efficient for millions of members.
- 10 million members
- 18 countries
- over 2 million members travelling with us every month
- over 2 million trips available in the future at any given time
- over 3 billion miles shared
- an estimated £216 million saved by our drivers every year
- an estimated 700,000 tons of CO2 saved
- average car occupancy 2.8 people (vs 1.6 average)
- over 5 million app downloads (iPhone and Android)
- 1,8 million Facebook fans (all Facebook pages together)
What Others are Saying...
"BlaBlaCar is one of Europe's best-backed tech startups. In July 2014, it raised $100 million from investors to fund international expansion." Read the article.
"The BlaBlaCar guys are the clear winners of the decade."
Read the article.
"With funky name but big demand, BlaBlaCar eyes global push."
Read the article.
A couple of years ago, Fred needed a ride
BlaBlaCar was born one Christmas, when founder Frédéric Mazzella, a student at Stanford, wanted to get home to his family in the French countryside. He had no car. The trains were full. The roads, too, were full of people driving home, alone in their car. It occurred to him that he should try and find one of the drivers going his way and offer to share petrol costs in exchange for use of an empty seat. He thought he could do it online, but no such site existed... The adventure had begun!
- Frédéric Mazzella, CEO. Frédéric drives the company’s vision.
- Francis Nappez, CTO. Francis leads the technical evolution of BlaBlaCar.
- Nicolas Brusson, COO. Nicolas leads the company’s international growth.