BlaBlaCar at a Glance
BlaBlaCar is a trusted community marketplace that connects drivers with empty seats to passengers looking for a ride. More than 10 million people use BlaBlaCar every quarter creating an entirely new, people powered, transport network. With a dedicated customer service, a state of the art web and mobile platform, and a fast-growing community of users, BlaBlaCar is making travel social, money-saving and more efficient for millions of members.
- 25 million members
- 22 countries
- 10 million travelers per quarter
- over 2 million trips available in the future at any given time
- over 3 billion miles shared
- an estimated £216 million saved by our drivers every year
- an estimated 1,000,000 tons of CO2 saved
- average car occupancy 2.8 people (vs 1.6 average)
- over 15 million app downloads (iPhone and Android)
- 2,7million Facebook fans (all Facebook pages together)
What Others are Saying...
"The French company has been valued at €1.4bn ($1.58bn), making it one of the five most valuable start-ups in Europe." Read the article.
"The Paris based rideshare startup is so popular in Europe that, like Google itself, BlaBlaCar is also often used as a verb."
Read the article.
"BlaBlaCar - a long distance ride sharing platform - was, like many startups, invented to solve a simple problem." Watch the report.
A couple of years ago, Fred needed a ride
BlaBlaCar was born one Christmas, when founder Frédéric Mazzella, a student at Stanford, wanted to get home to his family in the French countryside. He had no car. The trains were full. The roads, too, were full of people driving home, alone in their car. It occurred to him that he should try and find one of the drivers going his way and offer to share petrol costs in exchange for use of an empty seat. He thought he could do it online, but no such site existed... The adventure had begun!
- Frédéric Mazzella, CEO. Frédéric drives the company’s vision.
- Francis Nappez, CTO. Francis leads the technical evolution of BlaBlaCar.
- Nicolas Brusson, COO. Nicolas leads the company’s international growth.